Friday, October 1, 2010

HW 6

Food Diary
Tuesday 9/28
Lunch: Mozzarella sticks
10 Dumplings and 2 cans of soda (Sierra Mist and Ginger Ale)

Dinner: White Rice and vegetables
Wednesday 9/29
Snack: Chinese chips


Breakfast: 1 cap of water
Lunch: Spaghetti and Meat Balls
Snack: 2 slices of pizza and 1 can of soda
Dinner: White Rice and Salmon and vegetables
Thursday 9/30
Breakfast: Plain cream cheese bagel
Lunch: 2 Whoppers from Burger King and a can of Ginger Ale


Snack: Chile and Crackers



Dinner: White rice and Beef with onions and vegetables.















On Wednesday I focused on taste of my food because I couldn’t figure the exact amount of calories of the odd things I was eating. The dumpling shop in Chinatown didn’t’ have any nutrition facts at all. The same thing happened at the 1-dollar pizza place. When it comes to the taste of food I care about it just as long as the price is rite. If I had to choose between a burger from a fast food place at 5 bucks and a nice burger from a dinner for 11 I would pick the fast food on even though I know that it probably taste not as good. But if it’s a small difference like 2-4 bucks I mite pick taste. When I was at the dumpling shop there was two I could choose from and I pick this one because it was 5 for a dollar not 4. Taste matters to me as long as it doesn’t affect my wallet too much.

Both days I chose the food products that were more a fordable. That might not have been the heath or better tasting choice but I am willing to make compromises. I think that dinner is the more nutritious meal I eat everyday because my dad cooks it a home. With the amount of fast food I eat coming home to a cooked meal is great. The taste is good and I get to talk to my sister and parents. Most of my dinners are the same white rice with a dish of vegetables and a dish of meat or other protean. I consider that nutritious because it has a health balance of meat and vegetables and rice just a good starch produce that can give you energy.

This exercise made me realize how unhealthy I eat. My friends always said I drank to many sodas on Sunday but now that is actually have to think about it I see that having 4to 5 cans of soda in 3 days is not a good think. I still will drink soda every day but I think that I should have a limit of one can a day. This way I have a larger chance to life a longer life. The amount of fast food I eat is probably not going chance because of money limitations but I see that is isn’t a good think. In the future when I make my own money ill try to not eat like this. As a get older my body won’t be able to process it that well so I will be forced to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment